Medical Treatment Procedure
- When a patient or guardian visits the hospital, fill out an emergency room application form and submit it to the hospital administration team (emergency unit) window of Emergency Medical Center.
- Patients in need of emergency care can proceed to reception after receiving a preliminary treatment at the Emergency Medical Center.
- If you visited the Middle East within the last 14 days and have fever or respiratory symptoms, please use the Screening Clinic at the entrance of the Emergency Room.
Patient classification office
Medical treatment priority depends on the severity of THE patients’ condition and not on the order of arrival. The medical treatment area is determined by the severity of the patient after the preliminary medical treatment.
Emergency medical treatment
Emergency medical specialists are available 24 hours a day for prompt and accurate medical treatment, conduct prompt and appropriate emergency care and examination to patients and provide emergency medical treatment through joint consultation with the relevant department if necessary
Operation of a quick medical treatment system for serious and emergency diseases
- Acute Myocardial Infarction Team: Conduct rapid diagnosis and intervention for acute myocardial infarction patients.
- Acute Stroke Treatment Team: Treat acute stroke patients with arm and leg paralysis or an inarticulate pronunciation.
- Serious Trauma Emergency Medical Team: It consists of specialists of medical treatment departments needed for multiple trauma patients.
If hospitalization after the emergency treatment is determined, it will be made in accordance with hospital room assignment after the hospitalization procedure at the hospital administration team (emergency unit) according to nurse instructions after the electronic issuance of the hospitalization determination document of the attending doctor.
Hospital transfer is done in the following cases.
- If appropriate emergency medical treatment is not able to be performed on the patient immediately
- If the patient cannot receive proper treatment because there is no hospital room available
- If the emergency patient requires emergency surgery but rapid surgery cannot be performed
- If the patient or a guardian wants hospitalization at their hometown
- If the patient prefers another (upper class) hospital
If hospital transfer is decided after consultation with the attending doctor, you will receive the nurse instructions and a written opinion along with the discharge paperwork.
- For necessary materials other than a written opinion on hospital transfer, you need to apply for them to the attending nurse before the discharge procedure.
- For ambulance inquiries, please contact the hospital administration team (emergency unit).
- When discharge is decided, make the discharge payment at the hospital administration team (emergency unit) according to the attending nurse instructions.
- If you need outpatient follow-up visits, you need to make an appointment at the relevant medical department.
- If there is need for discharge medicine, present the medical fee receipt ticket to the ward pharmacy on basement 1 after payment and receive the discharge medicine.
- In the case of out-of-hospital prescription, you can present the prescription to a nearby pharmacy and buy the medicine.
Emergency medical care expenses
If emergency treatment or emergency medical care is conducted according to the Enforcement Regulations of Emergency Medical Treatment Act, emergency medical care fees will be calculated. If emergency symptoms and equivalent symptoms are not applicable, the full amount will be borne by the patient. The emergency medical treatment fee is a fee that is collected separately from the reception fee according to the national policy to prevent emergency room congestion caused by non-emergency patients and to help the emergency room management of the hospital.
Specialist on Duty System Information
In accordance with the amendment of the Enforcement Regulations of the Emergency Medical Care Act, the Catholic University of Korea’s St. Vincent's Hospital is conducting a system of a specialist or doctor on duty that can substitute a specialist on duty" for the maintenance of an ER medical treatment system" according to Article 32 of the Emergency Medical Care Act as follows. (Enforcement date: August 5, 2012)
|Clinical department||Enforced||Clinical department||Enforced|
|Obstetrics and Gynecology||O||Psychiatry||O|