- Outpatient Medical Treatment Information
- Information on Personal Information Collection and Consent to Use
- Payment Information
- Information on Registering a Serious Illness Patient and Payment Reduction
- Health Insurance Information
Outpatients Registration Procedure
- When you come to the hospital with an appointment
- Those who have made an appointment (pre-payment) can skip the preliminary/recurrent treatment step and go to the relevant department at the scheduled time to receive medical treatment.
- Preliminary medical treatment : Confirm the name of patient with an appointment at the reception/payment window, prepare a personal information collection consent to be used after registering personal information, pay the medical fees, and receive a medical treatment card.
- Recurrent treatment : Confirm the patient name with an appointment and pay the medical fees at an automatic payment machine or a payment window.
- Medical treatment : Go to the corresponding medical treatment department, present your appointment card or medical treatment card and receive medical treatment.
- Payment :Window payment (1st floor, 2nd floor), automatic payment machine (simultaneous issuance of a prescription)
- Relevant examination and examination appointment : Receive the relevant examinations at medical treatment support departments (outpatient blood collection room, radiology department, functional examination room, etc.) and make an examination appointment at the integrated appointment window.
- Return home
- When you come to the hospital without an appointment
- Preliminary medical treatment : Prepare a medical treatment application form provided in the information desk, submit it to a dedicated window with along with your ID card, pay the medical fees after registering your personal information, and receive a medical treatment card.
- Recurrent treatment : After taking out a number ticket from the order number issuing machine, pay the medical fees at the corresponding window.
- Hospitalization decision
- Admission procedure
- Return home
- If you bring a multimedia examination CD from another hospital, register it at the video register next to the medical care cooperation center.
- For foreigners: Check for a passport or alien registration card.
Information on Copayment Rate of Outpatients Medical fees
Subject Medical benefit Non-medical benefit Remarks Health insurance General 50% 100% Children under 6 years old: 35% Serious 5% 100% Rare and incurable 10% 100% Second-highest class 1 No copayment 100% No copayment Second-highest class 2 General 14% 100% Serious 5% 100% Second-highest class 2 disability General 14% 100% Medical benefit copayment is supported by the disability fund Serious 5% 100% Medical benefit class 1 2,000 won for an in-house prescription (1,500 won for others) 100% Special examination: 5% (CT, MRI, PET-CT) Medical benefit class 2 General 15% 1,500 won for an in-house prescription (1,000 won for others) CT, MRI, PET-CT : 5% 100% Medical benefit class 2 disability General 15% 100% Medical benefit copayment is supported by the disability fund Serious 1,500 for an in-house prescription (1,000 won for others) CT, MRI, PET-CT : 5%
We are committed to protecting the users’ interests in accordance with relevant laws and regulations, and comply with privacy regulations that must be followed by service providers.
Purpose of Collecting and Using Personal Information
Your valuable personal information will be used for medical and the following purposes:
- Medical treatment and check-up appointment, inquiry and identification procedures for medical treatment.
- Information on the use of the hospital, new hospital services and events
- Mobile guide about medical treatment, appointment, hospitalization schedule and examination schedule
- Delivery of medical treatment bills, detailed statements, certificates, medicines, and health checkup articles
- Medical treatment services for diagnosis and treatment, hospital administration services such as medical fee billing, payment and refund.
- Minimum analysis data required for education, research and medical services
- Online and offline consignment, and basic materials for external examinations and clinical trial screenings.
- Securing a communication path for handling complaints and grievances
- Providing information about related laws such as medical law and criminal law
Personal Information Collection Items
Items specified in the medical treatment application form
Retention and Use Period of Personal Information
- Information for medical services is based on medical law.
- Even if the purpose of collection and provision is achieved, personal information may be retained if there is a need to preserve it in accordance with relevant laws and regulations such as commercial law.
Payment Window Information
- The reception fee can be paid after adjustment at an automatic payment machine or at the payment window.
- For some examinations, payment may be made after medical treatment.
Using an Automatic Payment Machine (Automatic Payment and Prescription Issuing Machine)
- If you use an automatic payment machine, you can make a payment without waiting at a window.
- Since it is possible to designate a pharmacy when issuing a prescription, it is more convenient.
- Cash and credit card can be used (maximum amount: unlimited for cards and less than 300,000 won for cash)
- Use hours: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm (limited cash payment on some automatic payment machine after 4:00 pm and limited operation on Saturday)
- If you need help to use the machine, please contact a helper for automatic payment machine or payment window assistant.
Sequential Use for Automatic Payment Machine
Those who have been examined or scheduled to be examined can use an automatic payment machine located in the lobby and every department for quick payment.
- 1 Recognizing the registration number or entering your resident registration number
- 2 Confirmation of customer information and medical fees
- 3 Payment and pharmacy selection
- 4 Issuance of receipt and prescription
Health Insurance Patients
Patients with cancer (all cancers and some benign tumors), one of the 138 disease groups, existing serious heart disease, and severe cerebrovascular disease, will have payment reductions automatically processed.
- 1 Preparation of a registration form for the medical care doctor
- 2 Reception window for serious illness and payment reduction (Window No. 18 at the first floor lobby) Application form registration
- 3 EDI transmission to the person in charge
- 4 EDI reception of the person in charge and batch entry of payment reduction registration
Medical Benefit Patients
Patients with cancer (all cancers and some benign tumors) and rare and incurable diseases
- 1 Preparation of a registration form for the medical care doctor
- 2 Reception window for serious illness and calculation exception (Window No. 18 at the first floor lobby)
- 3 Check and register the application form at the city, county, and district (gu) office.
- 4 Enter the registration for payment reductions after confirmation from the person in charge.
Procedures for medical benefits
The Catholic University of Korea’s St. Vincent's Hospital is available to you for medical treatment regardless of your medical treatment rights and medical delivery system.
- If a person subject to medical benefits wants to receive medical treatment, you will be only able to receive medical benefits when you submit a medical benefit request form issued by a primary medical care provider (clinic, public health center, etc.).
- The medical treatment request form must be used within 7 days (excluding holidays) from the issue date.
Exceptions to the medical benefit procedure (when you can receive 1st step medical benefit at a comprehensive specialized medical care institution)
- Emergency patients
- Hemophilia patients
- Subscribers who work in a comprehensive specialized medical institution
- Persons registered by the disabled person welfare law for childbirth, dentistry and family medicine departments
- If you receive medical benefits from the rehabilitation medical department, such as occupational and exercise therapy, rather than simple physical therapy
If you fail to present your health insurance card
- When applying for medical treatment, you must present your health insurance card (medical benefit certificate) at the reception window.
- If you submit your health insurance card as a subscriber within 7 days (excluding holidays) from the day you apply for medical benefits, it will be treated as a medical benefit retroactively from the date when you applied for medical benefits.
- A subscriber may ask the National Health Insurance Service (NHIS) to confirm his eligibility. NHIS will confirm eligibility and notify the nursing home without delay by telephone or transmission of the Health Insurance Eligibility Confirmation Notice.
- If you are notified of your eligibility, you are considered as having submitted your health insurance card.
Health Insurance Benefit Period
- The number of days for health insurance coverage is limited to 365 days.
- If you need to receive medical benefits in excess of the maximum number of days (365 days), submit it to the National Health Insurance Service (NHIS) by attaching a doctor's opinion to an extension approval application form. (An extension approval application form is distributed by the NHIS)
Elective Medical Treatment (Special Medical Treatment)
If a patient or guardian applies for elective medical treatment (special medical treatment), you must pay the full amount for the selected medical treatment.
Partial Copayment Rate
Outpatients The patient is responsible for 50% of the total medical fees of the medical benefits (covered by insurance). For medical fees subject to non-medical benefit (not covered by insurance), the patient shall be responsible for 100% of the fees. Inpatients The patient is responsible for 20% of the total medical fees of medical benefits (covered by insurance) The patient is responsible for medical fees subject to non-medical benefits (not covered by insurance) such as elective medical treatment fees, amount difference of hospital room upgrades, guardian meal expenses, etc. For patients subject to the Minister of Health, Welfare and Family Affairs notification such as children under 6 years old and patients registered as having a serious illness, a separate charge rate will be applied.